Peaches and a Coalport Jug
Oil on Panel 5 x 7 inches
This painting is on an acid-free hardboard panel.
I'm continuing my current mini-love affair with peaches, although the jug is really the main focus in this one.
And something else - my method seems to be undergoing a slight change. I've been working in a very simple and direct way for quite some time, but painting this piece involved some use of glazing (on the jug) and also velatura (in the background) - a semi-opaque glaze.
I hadn't planned it, but it just seemed appropriate. Apart from spending far longer than I was supposed to on this piece (I got somewhat lost in it) the addition of some perhaps more traditional techniques has taken it somewhere slightly different I think. More depth, perhaps. Something.
Starting bid is $150
Payment is by PayPal - (although you can pay through PayPal with a credit card without having to set up an account, if you don’t have one).
How to bid
Just click the "bid here" link above and enter your name, email (this will be kept private) and the amount you want to bid.
The auction uses proxy bidding, which means you can set a Maximum Bid, and until that's reached, you're protected from being outbid. So if Bidder A places a Maximum Bid of $200 and Bidder B comes along to try and outbid A, A will be protected till B outbids A over $200.
You’ll be notified of any other bids and whether you’ve won the auction by email automatically. If you win the auction, I’ll send you an email with a link to pay by PayPal.
PLEASE NOTE: As the auction comes to a close, you’ll need to refresh the page to see the latest bids. It may look as if you’ve won when the countdown finishes, but you’ll only see the most recent bids if you refresh the page, so there may have been more bids that you’re not seeing!
International shipping is by UK Royal Mail International (tracked) and can take a few days to get to you. I'll let you know by email as soon as I send the painting, and give you the tracking number. I’ll need to allow some time for the painting to dry thoroughly before I send it to you. Usually, a couple of weeks will be enough.
If for any reason reason you’re not happy with your painting, you can return it to me within 14 days for a full refund. Buyer pays return shipping.
If payment isn’t made within three days of purchase, the painting will be offered to the next highest bidder or re-auctioned.
- Keith Guyitt bid $281.00 on September 9, 2017 6:57 pm
- Mick bid $276.00 on September 9, 2017 6:56 pm [auto]
- Keith Guyitt bid $275.00 on September 9, 2017 6:56 pm
- Mick bid $255.00 on September 9, 2017 4:48 pm
- Emma Tinsley bid $250.00 on September 9, 2017 4:46 pm [auto]
- Mick bid $250.00 on September 9, 2017 4:46 pm
- Emma Tinsley bid $200.00 on September 9, 2017 12:10 pm [auto]
- Pejmann Amiri bid $198.00 on September 9, 2017 12:10 pm
- Emma Tinsley bid $196.00 on September 9, 2017 12:08 pm [auto]
- Pejmann Amiri bid $194.00 on September 9, 2017 12:08 pm
- Emma Tinsley bid $192.00 on September 9, 2017 12:07 pm [auto]
- Pejmann Amiri bid $190.00 on September 9, 2017 12:07 pm
- Emma Tinsley bid $182.00 on September 9, 2017 10:26 am [auto]
- Pejmann Amiri bid $180.00 on September 9, 2017 10:26 am
- Emma Tinsley bid $172.00 on September 9, 2017 7:38 am [auto]
- Pejmann Amiri bid $170.00 on September 9, 2017 7:38 am
- Emma Tinsley bid $162.00 on September 9, 2017 7:37 am [auto]
- Pejmann Amiri bid $160.00 on September 9, 2017 7:37 am
- Emma Tinsley bid $154.00 on September 9, 2017 7:36 am [auto]
- Pejmann Amiri bid $152.00 on September 9, 2017 7:36 am
- Emma Tinsley bid $150.00 on September 8, 2017 8:06 pm
Enter your email below to get notifications of new bids placed on the above item.
Shipping: Free Shipping
From: United Kingdom
Winner will receive PayPal payment link via email.