Polka Dot Teapot
Oil on Panel 5 x 7 inches
This painting is on an acid-free hardboard panel.
This was one of the most difficult paintings to set up, for me. That stage at the start when you have an idea and you try to set it up, move things around, have it look interesting enough to paint - that stage was very hard with this one.
Perhaps because the original idea was just to paint two peaches on a white cloth. But it wasn't happening. In frustration I went to make a cup of tea, and my gaze fell on the teapot. This teapot.
I got it for Michelle for Christmas some years ago. She doesn't drink normal tea, so somehow I appropriated it over the years. And now it's become the background to a painting.
Although actually, as this painting progressed, I realised that to me, the teapot was the main subject, not the background, and the peaches were really there to support it.
One of the things I love about painting is that you never really know how they're going to turn out. It's also one of the most worrying and stress-inducing things about painting!
But you know, this painting isn't really about the teapot either. Or at least, not more than tangentially. It's really about the light, as they all are.
Starting bid is $150
Payment is by PayPal - (although you can pay through PayPal with a credit card without having to set up an account, if you don’t have one).
How to bid
Just click the "bid here" link above and enter your name, email (this will be kept private) and the amount you want to bid.
The auction uses proxy bidding, which means you can set a Maximum Bid, and until that's reached, you're protected from being outbid. So if Bidder A places a Maximum Bid of $200 and Bidder B comes along to try and outbid A, A will be protected till B outbids A over $200.
You’ll be notified of any other bids and whether you’ve won the auction by email automatically. If you win the auction, I’ll send you an email with a link to pay by PayPal.
PLEASE NOTE: As the auction comes to a close, you’ll need to refresh the page to see the latest bids. It may look as if you’ve won when the countdown finishes, but you’ll only see the most recent bids if you refresh the page, so there may have been more bids that you’re not seeing!
International shipping is by UK Royal Mail International (tracked) and can take a few days to get to you. I'll let you know by email as soon as I send the painting, and give you the tracking number. I’ll need to allow some time for the painting to dry thoroughly before I send it to you. Usually, a couple of weeks will be enough.
If for any reason reason you’re not happy with your painting, you can return it to me within 14 days for a full refund. Buyer pays return shipping.
If payment isn’t made within three days of purchase, the painting will be offered to the next highest bidder or re-auctioned.
- Michael Carney bid $255.00 on September 15, 2017 6:48 pm [auto]
- Carmen Czachor bid $250.50 on September 15, 2017 6:48 pm
- Michael Carney bid $245.00 on September 15, 2017 5:05 pm [auto]
- david sloss bid $240.00 on September 15, 2017 5:05 pm
- Michael Carney bid $220.00 on September 15, 2017 4:47 pm
- Sharron Rudowski bid $215.00 on September 14, 2017 11:04 pm
- Carmen L Czachor bid $210.00 on September 14, 2017 6:06 pm [auto]
- Deborah Healy bid $210.00 on September 14, 2017 6:06 pm
- Carmen L Czachor bid $205.00 on September 14, 2017 5:49 pm
- Graydon Parrish bid $200.00 on September 14, 2017 5:48 pm [auto]
- david bid $200.00 on September 14, 2017 5:48 pm
- Graydon Parrish bid $175.00 on September 14, 2017 5:34 pm
- Deborah Healy bid $165.00 on September 14, 2017 5:14 pm
- Gena Hawk bid $155.00 on September 14, 2017 4:59 pm
- Graydon Parrish bid $150.00 on September 14, 2017 4:37 pm
Enter your email below to get notifications of new bids placed on the above item.
Shipping: Free Shipping
From: United Kingdom
Winner will receive PayPal payment link via email.