Red and White: Oil on Panel, 7 x 5 inches
Oil on Panel 7 x 5 inches
This painting is on a rigid Ampersand Tempered Hardboard Panel - acid free and archival.
Some subjects you keep coming back to because you never quite feel you’ve succeeded with them. Deep red roses are like that for me.
Although I’ve painted them many times, I’ve always struggled to get the colour to a place I’m happy with. Those high chroma, low value reds are a real challenge to hit with paint.
Well, I can finally say that, for the first time, I’m happy with a red rose painting. It took the purchase of two new tube pigments - Michael Harding’s quinacridone rose and naphthol red - to get me there. The naphthol red is incredibly high in chroma and the quinacridone rose let me shift the hue towards blue-red without losing too much chroma.
I’m also very happy with the feeling of this one, and that’s just as important. There’s a kind of poetry to light, especially light on flowers, that I see and feel, but that I rarely (if ever) reach. I think I came close this time.
Red roses are about to become a favourite subject, rather than a struggle I keep returning to!
Starting bid is $99
Payment is by PayPal - (although you can pay through PayPal with a credit card without having to set up an account, if you don’t have one).
How to bid
Just click the "bid here" link above and enter your name, email (this will be kept private) and the amount you want to bid.
The auction uses proxy bidding, which means you can set a Maximum Bid, and until that's reached, you're protected from being outbid. So if Bidder A places a Maximum Bid of $200 and Bidder B comes along to try and outbid A, A will be protected till B outbids A over $200.
You’ll be notified of any other bids and whether you’ve won the auction by email automatically. If you win the auction, I’ll send you an email with a link to pay by PayPal.
PLEASE NOTE: As the auction comes to a close, you’ll need to refresh the page to see the latest bids. It may look as if you’ve won when the countdown finishes, but you’ll only see the most recent bids if you refresh the page, so there may have been more bids that you’re not seeing!
International shipping is by UK Royal Mail International (tracked) and can take a few days to get to you. I'll let you know by email as soon as I send the painting, and give you the tracking number. I may need to allow some time for the painting to dry thoroughly before I send it to you.
If for any reason reason you’re not happy with your painting, you can return it to me within 14 days for a full refund. Buyer pays return shipping.
- Nina Jackson bid $191.00 on December 23, 2016 6:22 pm [increased max bid]
- Nina Jackson bid $191.00 on December 23, 2016 6:37 am [auto]
- Anthony J Sedgwick bid $189.00 on December 23, 2016 6:37 am
- Nina Jackson bid $177.00 on December 23, 2016 6:36 am [auto]
- Anthony J Sedgwick bid $175.00 on December 23, 2016 6:36 am
- Nina Jackson bid $171.00 on December 23, 2016 1:33 am
- Anthony J Sedgwick bid $152.00 on December 22, 2016 11:46 pm
- Nina Jackson bid $150.00 on December 22, 2016 11:45 pm [auto]
- Anthony J Sedgwick bid $149.00 on December 22, 2016 11:45 pm
- Nina Jackson bid $131.00 on December 22, 2016 8:37 pm [auto]
- Pierre Forest bid $129.00 on December 22, 2016 8:37 pm
- Nina Jackson bid $127.00 on December 22, 2016 7:15 pm
- Marsha Gilliam bid $102.00 on December 22, 2016 5:10 pm
- Pierre Forest bid $99.00 on December 22, 2016 5:05 pm
Enter your email below to get notifications of new bids placed on the above item.
Shipping: Free Shipping
Winner will receive PayPal payment link via email.