If you like the idea of an independent life as an artist on your own terms, watch this one minute video:
Learn how to grow an audience online
The teaching in the Threads Program is delivered mostly by live streams and will cover two topics in-depth every month:
1. One live webinar per month, just for Threads members, on an aspect of marketing yourself online. From setting up a wordpress website to growing your email list, these webinars will show you how to:
- Build a website that actually gets visitors
- Convert website visitors to followers that want to hear from you
- Create content that people actually want to read
- Generate income from your work, teaching – or both
2. One virtual workshop a month, covering an aspect of realist painting. These sessions are usually focussed on direct paintings and making work that will sell on your website, without compromising what you want to paint.
Connect with other artists
The Threads community is made up of other artists at various stages of their journey, making real progress towards making a living or a side income online from doing what they love.
The community component consists of:
- Once a month virtual online meet-ups (a group video chat) where you can get feedback from me on how you’re going about building your online business or your work
- A private Facebook group where you can get feedback and support and make connections.
Threads is $19 a month. I’ve kept it very affordable because I want to spread this opportunity to as many people as I can, and because the bigger Threads gets, the more useful it will be for everyone.
I’m so confident of the quality and usefulness of the program that even if you stay another month past your free trial and then decide to cancel, I’ll happily to refund you if you find it’s not for you.
I’ve called this new program Threads because it represents the connections we make with each other, and the connections we need to make with people online in order to build something meaningful for ourselves and others.
But it also represents the threads that run through our individual lives. What drives us to draw and paint. And the importance of holding on to that thread and following it.
How will it help me?
If you’d like to begin to build your online presence so that you can start to make some income from your work or teaching (or both) online then Threads is for you.
I cover in depth everything you need to know to be able to make meaningful connections with people online, build an audience, and then build an online business.
- The tech you need to know to get everything set up and working right
- How to use social media to build an engaged audience, beyond the followers and likes
- How to set your blog up so that it comes up on Google
- how to build an email list from the ground up.
Monthly online panting workshops will also help you to develop your skills and improve your work.
And then there’s the community; Monthly live video calls with myself and other Threadies where you can get feedback on your work or your online presence.
And a private Facebook group just for you and your fellow Threads members, sharing and encouraging each other.
What people say about my learning materials
I’m committed to helping you achieve your artistic goals. Here’s a few comments from people currently on the Mastering Colour Course or who have learned with me in other ways:
Mastering Colour Course:
– Judy Warner
The structure, content, and step-by-step process of the course, informs and demonstrates to students what needs to be learnt and understood about colour in a practical hands-on way.
I have, and will continue, to highly recommend the Master Colouring Course by Paul Foxton to those I meet in the Art World. ”
– Christopher Heaphy
I also produce video tutorials on different aspects of painting and run a drawing practice membership program. Here are some comments from people who have used my videos or are on the drawing program:
“Thanks to Paul Foxton for his excellent videos explaining the Munsell system. One can never learn enough about color.”
– Kathleen Speranza
“I finally got to watch Paul Foxton’s flower painting video and it was so worth the wait. It’s a hands-on, practical, common sense approach to learning to paint and making something very beautiful at the same time. Loved it.”
– Amanda Williams