I’m hosting a free, five day colour mixing challenge.
Every day for five days, I’ll be sending out a simple (like, it will only take a few minutes) challenge related to colour mixing.
If you hop on board with it, you will:
- Get an email once a day with a short (1 minute) video demonstrating that day’s challenge
- Be invited to a (very) short daily live session related to that day’s challenge
- Get an invite to a free workshop/live session type thing on colour mixing on DAY FIVE.
We start on Monday, August 16th
Fill in this form to join:
Why am I doing this?
Because for a lot of people, I know that colour mixing goes like this:
- it’s a struggle to judge colours in the first place
- Values are hard to get right
- Frustration with mixing mud, repeatedly, results in:
- Giving up eventually and “going with close enough” (which isn’t usually close enough) and then:
- Trying different approaches and various palettes, none of which seem to be quite the thing.
Well, I’ve been there too. But these days, not so much
You see, I don’t believe there is any magic palette that will solve colour mixing for you.
What there is is an intuitive approach based on the way colour and paint actually behave that can help you find your way through the mud to clean, accurate colour.
I know, I know. You’ve already guessed I’m talking about Munsell, right?
I’ve seen Munsell make such a difference to so many peoples’ understanding of colour and mixing that I want to introduce as many people as I can to it. Just to give it a go.
Thus this challenge!
Now, I know that if you’re currently standing in overwhelm and frustration and sheer disappointment with what happens on your pallete, it can be hard to imagine that you could be:
- Able to mix any colour you see with absolute certainty
- Getting on with actually painting instead of spending frustrating hours mixing muddy colours
- Feeling confident that you understand colour and what it can do better
But that’s exactly what it can be like. It doesn’t have to be the biggest thing you struggle with, not at all.
And it’s the key to good painting, I truly believe that. If you understand colour well enough to be able to judge light and shadow colours AND be able to mix them – well, you can paint. Much better, at least.
So, what I want to do with this little challenge is to show you the building blocks, the foundations of what Munsell is and what it isn’t – because frankly there’s a lot of nonsense talked about it by people who’ve never used it.
I want to clear all that up, and in the process, show you how it works.
And I want you to try it for yourself 🙂
It’ll be fun, I promise.
The time comitment will be minimal. A few minutes a day for five days.
But the change in your understanding of colour could be huge.
If this sounds like something you want to have a go at,
Fill in this form to join: